Who are BFIRST Trainees?
Plastic Surgery Trainees with a passion for global reconstructive surgery. The BFIRST Trainees group is a new initiative, formed to meet an urgent and growing need of plastic surgery trainees who want to be involved in global surgery.
Who can apply for BFIRST Trainee Membership?
”Plastic Surgery Trainees” includes any medical student, foundation doctor, core trainee or registrar who intends to become a plastic reconstructive surgeon.
Our Core Values
- To be the leading platform for plastic surgery trainee involvement and development in global surgery in the UK, forming the next generation of consultants with a passion for global partnership in reconstructive surgical training. #Innovate
- To help make a difference by providing educational resources and by supporting long term reconstructive surgical programmes in developing countries through BFIRST global partnerships. #Educate
- To encourage exposure at all stages of training and raise awareness of the extensive challenges faced by health care professionals working with limited resources in developing countries, promoting a culture of global responsibility, starting as trainees and continuing through as consultants. #GlobalResponsibility
- To explore potential partnerships and opportunities for collaboration between trainees, consultants other charitable bodies who have an interest in global reconstructive surgery, training and research. #Collaborate
- Above all, to promote safe, responsible and professional involvement of trainees in activities relating to global reconstructive surgery, and to ensure that projects selected are appropriate, responsive to local needs, and focus on sustainable local training and capacity building. #Safety
What can you expect from membership?
- Collaborate on BFIRST Trainee projects & events
- Newsletter updates
- Networking events
- Prizes & Awards
- Invitations for relevant conferences, courses & events
- Educational resources related to global reconstructive surgery
- Certificate of BFIRST Trainee Membership
The Application Process
- Complete our online Application Form & attach your CV.
- All applications will be considered. New BFIRST Trainee Members will be welcomed following the next committee meeting and offered appropriate opportunities to collaborate.